3-6 Diploma CourseThe AMI Montessori 3-6 Diploma Course is an intensive full time programme designed to help students study closely the theory and practice of the Montessori approach to education. The course is scheduled over approximately 8 months and will help prepare students for working with children from 3 to 6 years of age. Dr. Montessori developed her core philosophy with this age group and the course deals with seminal ideas of her pedagogy.
- Course Components
- Theory Lectures
The theory lectures offer students the opportunity to examine the development of the whole child, and the successive phases of child development. Special consideration is given to the formative psychic powers of the child that leads to all-round development. The carefully prepared environment and materials and the role and attitude of the adult will also be studied.
The practical demonstration lectures deal with the function and presentation of the materials offered to children from 3 to 6 years of age in a Montessori environment. The aims of the materials, the technique of presenting them to the child and the age at which they must be offered will be discussed in these sessions.
During scheduled hours students will have an opportunity to practice with the materials. Students will be supervised and guided in the use of the materials and encouraged to develop and practice the techniques by which they will present the various materials to children.
Care of the Environment
Students will be asked to take responsibility for the environment everyday just as they would when they are with children. This is an essential aspect of the training that develops the students’ eye for the care and maintenance of the material and helps them to develop a familiarity with the setup of a Montessori environment.
School Observation and Teaching Practice
Students will be assigned to go to various Montessori environments in the city for observation and teaching practice. During this time they will be shown how to keep a record of observations and will have an opportunity to work with children under the supervision of an AMI trained adult. Students will need to budget for their commute to the various city schools. Students will need to budget for their commute to the various city schools.
Assignments and Albums
Students will need to submit typed work at regular intervals during the course, which will include theory essays, material making assignments and observation reports. Students will also prepare six typed albums in the different areas - Theory, Practical Life, Sensorial, Language, Mathematics and Culture. Students will need to do four to six hours of organised work at home every day in order to complete all assignments.
Email, Internet and Scanning
Students will need regular access to email and the internet throughout the course. All assignments will need to be submitted electronically. Students will be required to scan and upload some of their work.
- To be considered eligible for admission candidates should have the following:
We welcome candidates from all walks of life and different professions. Occasionally we do consider applicants who do not have a Bachelor's degree based on their life experience.
- A Bachelor's degree
- A sound knowledge of English
- To have completed the age of 20
- Excellent computer skills and internet access
- Admission Procedure
- Admissions are on a first come first served basis. The last date for Application for Foreign Nationals is Wednesday, July 7, 2021. Indian Nationals who submit their application on or after Wednesday, July 14, 2021 will be required to pay a revised and higher fee.
The Admissions Review Committee will process all complete applications. The decision of the committee will be final and binding.
- Visit Courses Offered on our website. Click Apply Now. Sign up. Select the course you wish to apply for.
Fill in all required details to register and submit. A verification request will be sent by email. You will receive a user ID and password once your email has been verified. Sign in with your user ID and password and fill in the application form online. The application process must be completed within one month. As part of the online application procedure the following will need to be uploaded.
Candidates can track their application status by regularly signing into the portal to check for updates.The application fee must be paid by bank transfer. The bank details will appear on the screen after you have filled in the online application. Confirmation of receipt of payment will appear on the portal. The candidate will receive an email with an e-receipt.
- Recent photo
- Copies of all educational documents
Application Fee 1517.00 69.00 With application
- After the application is processed an online interview may be fixed with a member of the faculty. The date and time of the interview will appear in the portal.
- Admission Confirmation
- After the interview the selected candidates will be notified of their acceptance. The confirmation will appear and the last date for the payment of fees and bank details will appear on the portal. Once the fees are paid the confirmation of receipt of payment and the first day’s schedule will appear on the portal. The candidate will receive an email with an e-receipt.
- Students must have a minimum of 90% attendance of the course including time taken off due to illness. Attendance records will be meticulously maintained throughout the year. In case of absence, students must notify the Training Team in writing, at least one day in advance. In case of a sudden illness the student must inform the Training Team by email immediately.
- Course Schedule and Timing
- The course is full time and will run 5 days a week from 8:45 AM to 3:15 PM Monday to Friday. Students will be asked to be extremely punctual. The course will be from Wednesday, August 18, 2021 to Friday, April 15, 2022.
- All lectures will be in English. Course work will need to be presented in English both orally and in writing. It will be necessary for students to take comprehensive lecture notes, read Montessori books, write original essays and prepare assignments based on course information. Students will also be required to explain theoretical principles during the Oral examination.
- The students' eligibility for appearing for the Examination will depend on the following:
There will be two written examinations. Paper A will be on child psychology and Montessori principles on child development. Paper B will be on Montessori materials and their underpinning principles. There will also be an oral examination in which students will be asked to present the use of the material and explain the underlying theory.An external examiner will be appointed by AMI to conduct the examinations. The diploma is awarded by the Association Montessori Internationale after a successful written and oral examination and completion of all requirements for certification. The decision of the board of examiners will be final and binding. No appeals will be entertained after results are released.Students who have valid reasons for failing to appear for scheduled exams may apply in writing with a full explanation for the opportunity to appear for the exams within 12 months. In the case of medical grounds, a registered practitioner must attest the medical certificate. Students who fail any part of the exams will have ONLY ONE opportunity to be re-examined in any of the parts of exams within 12 months. If the student is required to attend additional classes they will be charged a fee. In all cases the Examination Fee will also be charged. Students who fail in the examination or re-examination and still wish to attain an AMI diploma will have to reapply to undergo another full course of training.
- 90% attendance for the course
- Punctual completion and submission of all assignments called for in the course of the year
- Full payment of the fees
- Completion of required hours of School Teaching Practice
- Completion of required hours of School Observations
- Completion of required hours of Supervised Practice
- The AMI diploma is awarded by the Association Montessori Internationale. It qualifies the holder to work with children in a Montessori environment between 3 and 6 years of age. The AMI Primary diploma is a highly valued qualification. It is a great asset to those who wish to open their own schools.
- The course fee must be paid by bank transfer. The bank details will appear on the portal.Refund PolicyThe fee is non-refundable. Once paid it cannot be refunded for any reason either prior to the commencement of or during the course on withdrawal of a student. The details are included in the terms and conditions on the portal which the candidate must accept at the time of submission of the application.
The last date for Application for Foreign Nationals is Wednesday, July 7, 2021. No applications from Foreign Nationals will be accepted after this date.
Tuition 80880.00 4284.00 Before course commences Examination 14300.00 525.00 Before course commences Special Fee 8711.00 339.00 Before course commences *GST 18700.00 927.00 Before course commences Total 122591.00 6074.00 Before course commences
Fee structure for applications (Indian Nationals) submitted after Wednesday, July 14, 2021
Tuition 88598.00 0.00 Before course commences Examination 14333.00 0.00 Before course commences Special Fee 9176.00 0.00 Before course commences *GST 20179.00 0.00 Before course commences Total 132286.00 0.00 Before course commences
- Director of Training: Rukmini RamachandranRukmini Ramachandran, leads the training team at the Navadisha Montessori Foundation. Rukmini holds an AMI Montessori diploma at all the three age levels, 3-6, 6-12 and 0-3 years. She entered the field of Montessori education in 1991 when she trained under Zarin Malva in Mumbai. She has a Masters in English. She came into Montessori education with a background in journalism, having started her career as Assistant Editor of a children's monthly. She edited the 1939 Montessori lectures in Chennai into a book titled Creative Development in the Child in two volumes. Her most particular interest lies in publishing for children. She currently serves as the Managing Trustee of the Indian Montessori Foundation.AMI Trainer: Hemalatha RangarajanHemalatha Rangarajan, an AMI trainer, is a key member of the training team. She holds an AMI Montessori diploma at two age levels. She trained at the 3-6 level under Zarin Malva in Chennai in 1995 and then trained under Ann Dunne to receive her 6-12 diploma in 2017. She worked with children for ten years in Patasala Montessori School, where she eventually served as Vice Principal. Hemalatha holds a Masters in Psychology. She is interested in helping teachers and has been involved in mentoring schools. She is committed to widening the scope of Montessori education through research.AMI Trainer: Ramya SridharRamya Sridhar is an AMI trainer at Navadisha. An alumna of the first course of our institute Ramya now holds an AMI diploma for two age levels. She received the AMI 3-6 diploma in 2005 and the AMI 6-12 diploma in 2017. She has assisted on the courses at Navadisha since 2012. She has served as an examiner and presented talks and workshops. Ramya entered Montessori work as a teacher at Navadisha Montessori School where she began her work in this field. She holds a Masters in Psychology. She takes an interest in the work of several NGOS that serve a range of socio-economic, health and educational schemes. She is also interested in reaching Montessori principles to a wider public.AMI Consultant: Ruby LauRuby Lau is an AMI Trainer and educational consultant. Educated from an early age in the UK, Ruby has a degree in Psychology and worked in advertising before taking the AMI 3 - 6 Diploma in London. After gaining her diploma in London in 1985, she worked both in the MMTO school and the training course. She opened her own school in 1990 which she ran for 15 years whilst continuing to work on the training courses. Ruby now holds AMI diplomas at the 0-3, 3-6 and 6-12 age levels. She brings her multi-layered experience to mentor and support training staff and students of AMI training institutes and teachers and schools in many parts of South Asia. Ruby served as a member of the Scientific Pedagogy Group at AMI.
- Books and Stationery Budget
- It is advisable for students to acquire the Montessori books in the Required Reading list. The students may also have to acquire stationery for the course, for course submissions and the creation of Albums. The cost will vary depending on the choices made. We would like to emphasise that this is a budget and that it is only an approximate guide. The training course neither recommends nor endorses particular stationery products. Students are advised to budget for books and materials for the duration of the course as follows.
Montessori Books 6500.00 Before the Course commences Stationery 2000.00 Before the Course commences Materials 2000.00 Before the Course commences
- To prepare for the Diploma course and for working in a Montessori environment it is good practice to read around the subject. The following list of books is provided to help you begin this process. Some of these books will be made available in the student library. Required ReadingMontessori, Maria Citizen of the World Montessori-Pierson Publishing CompanyMontessori, Maria Education and Peace Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria Education for a New World Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria From Childhood to Adolescence Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria The Absorbent Mind Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria The Age of Miracles Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria The Child in the Family Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria The Discovery of the Child Montessori-Pierson Publishing CompanyMontessori, Maria The Formation of Man Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria The Secret of Childhood Orient Blackswan, ChennaiRecommended ReadingJoosten, A. M. Foundations of Montessori Pedagogy Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria To Educate the Human Potential Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria What You Should Know About Your Child Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Mario Jr., Education for Human Development Montessori-Pierson Publishing CompanyBooks published by Indian Montessori Foundation (IMF) will be available for sale at https://montessori-india.org/store/In case any further queries please contact the distributorCoral GroupsMobile: +91 9841689808Email: email@example.com