AMI Montessori Foundation Certificate CourseThe AMI 6-12 Foundation Course is an intensive full time programme designed to help interested adults to understand the development of children. The course will be delivered over 5 weeks. It opens the way for adults to assist the process of child development both at home and in school.
The programme focuses on the philosophy underpinning Montessori practice, materials and practical skills useful in interacting with 3-6 year old children in Montessori Schools. It is an essential requirement prior to taking the AMI Montessori 6-12 Course. Course work will consist of lectures, practice sessions, readings and discussion.
- Course Components
- Theory Lectures The theory lectures will offer the students the opportunity to examine the development of the whole child and the successive phases of child development. Special consideration is given to language, movement and independence leading to all-round development. The carefully prepared environment and the role and attitude of the adult will also be studied.Practical LecturesThe course will offer some of the key components of the work in the casa. An overview of the areas in the Montessori environment and their underlying principles will be presented. The materials will be discussed as the foundation of the work for children between the ages 6 and 12.ObservationStudents will be scheduled to attend 9 hours of observation during the course. During this time they will be required to record and submit a report their observations.AssignmentsStudents will need to submit written work at regular intervals during the course, which will include theory essays, and observation reports. All assignments must be completed in order to receive the certificate.Email and Internet AccessStudents will need access to Email and internet as information will be sent to them regularly by email. Some assignments will need to be submitted electronically.
- We welcome candidates from all walks of life and different professions. This course is open to anyone wishing to know more about the Montessori philosophy.
- Students must have 90% attendance in order to receive the certificate. Students with attendance below 90% will not be eligible for an AMI certificate
- Course Schedule and Timing
- The course is full time and will run 5 days a week from 8:45 AM to 3:15 PM Monday to Friday. Students will be asked to be extremely punctual. The Foundation course will commence on Wednesday, August 19, 2020 and end on Tuesday, October 8, 2020.
- All lectures will be in English. Course work will need to be presented in English.
- The AMI 6-12 Foundation Course Certificate is awarded to those who complete all the requirements. In order to receive the Certificate, the applicant should:- Submit all the assignments- Complete the required hours of observation and submit an Observation report- Have 90% attendance
- The last date for Application for Foreign Nationals is Wednesday, July 15, 2020. No applications from Foreign Nationals will be accepted after this date. Indian Nationals may pay the fees by means of a crossed local cheque or Demand Draft in favour of Navadisha Montessori Foundation payable in Chennai. Foreign Nationals may write to us for details of Bank transfer.The fee is non-refundable. Once paid it cannot be refunded for any reason either prior to the commencement of or during the course on withdrawal of a student. Students will be required to submit a Refund Policy Acceptance letter at the time of payment of fee.
Fee structure for applications reaching us on or before Friday, June 26, 2020.
Tuition Fees 30000.00 500.00 Before course commences Special Fee 1800.00 30.00 Before course commences *GST 5724.00 95.00 Before course commences Total 37524.00 625.00 Before course commences
Fee structure for applications (Indian Nationals) reaching us after Friday, June 26, 2020.
Tuition Fee 33000.00 0.00 Before course commences Special Fee 1980.00 0.00 Before course commences *GST 6297.00 0.00 Before course commences Total 41277.00 0.00 Before course commences
- Director of Training: Rukmini Ramachandran Rukmini Ramachandran, leads the training team at the Navadisha Montessori Foundation. Rukmini holds an AMI Montessori diploma at all the three age levels, 3-6, 6-12 and 0-3 years. She entered the field of Montessori education in 1991 when she trained under Zarin Malva in Mumbai. She has a Masters in English. She came into Montessori education with a background in journalism, having started her career as Assistant Editor of a children's monthly. She edited the 1939 Montessori lectures in Chennai into a book titled Creative Development in the Child in two volumes. Her most particular interest lies in publishing for children. She currently serves as the Managing Trustee of the Indian Montessori Foundation.Co-Director: Hemalatha RangarajanHemalatha Rangarajan, an AMI trainer, is a key member of the training team. She holds an AMI Montessori diploma at two age levels. She trained at the 3-6 level under Zarin Malva in Chennai in 1995 and then trained under Ann Dunne to receive her 6-12 diploma in 2017. She worked with children for over ten years in Patasala Montessori School, where she eventually served as Vice Principal. Hemalatha holds a Masters in Psychology. She is interested in helping teachers and has been involved in mentoring schools. She is committed to widening the scope of Montessori education through research.Auxiliary Trainer: Ramya SridharRamya Sridhar is an AMI Auxiliary trainer at Navadisha. An alumna of the first course of our institute Ramya now holds an AMI diploma for two age levels. She received the AMI 3-6 diploma in 2005 and the AMI 6-12 diploma in 2017. She has assisted on the courses at Navadisha since 2012. She has served as an examiner and presented talks and workshops. Ramya entered Montessori work as a teacher at Navadisha Montessori School where she began her work in this field. She holds a Masters in Psychology. She takes an interest in the work of several NGOS that serve a range of socio-economic, health and educational schemes. She is also interested in reaching Montessori principles to a wider public.AMI Trainer and Consultant: Ruby LauRuby Lau is an AMI Trainer and educational consultant. Educated from an early age in the UK, Ruby has a degree in Psychology and worked in advertising before taking the AMI 3-6 Diploma in London. After gaining her diploma in London in 1985, she worked both in the MMTO school and the training course. She opened her own school in 1990 which she ran for 15 years whilst continuing to work on the training courses. Ruby now holds AMI diplomas at the 0-3, 3-6 and 6-12 age levels. She brings her multi-layered experience to mentor and support training staff and students of AMI training institutes and teachers and schools in many parts of South Asia. Ruby serves as a member of the Scientific Pedagogy Group at AMI.
- Books and Stationery Budget
- It is advisable for students to acquire the Montessori books in the Required Reading list. The students will also have to acquire stationery for the course, for course submissions and the creation of Albums. Students must budget for printing cost, particularly colour printing. The cost will vary depending on the choices made. We would like to emphasise that this a budget and that it is only an approximate guide. The training course neither recommends nor endorses particular stationery products. Students are advised to budget for books and materials for the duration of the course as follows.
Montessori Books 5000.00 Before the course commences Stationery 2000.00 For the duration of the course Photocopying 500.00 For the duration of the course Printing 1000.00 For the duration of the course
- To prepare for the AMI 6-12 Foundation Course and for working in a Montessori environment it is good practice to read around the subject. The following list of books is provided to help you begin this process. Some of these books will be made available in the student library. Required Reading• Montessori, Maria The Absorbent Mind Indian Montessori Foundation• Montessori, Maria The Child in the Family Indian Montessori Foundation• Montessori, Maria The Discovery of the Child Montessori-Pierson Publishing Company• Montessori, Maria Education for New World Indian Montessori Foundation• Montessori, Maria What should you know about your child Indian Montessori FoundationRecommended Reading• Montessori, Maria Education and Peace Indian Montessori Foundation• Montessori, Maria From Childhood to Adolescence Indian Montessori Foundation• Montessori, Maria The Formation of Man Indian Montessori Foundation• Montessori, Maria The Secret of Childhood Orient Black Swan, Chennai• Montessori, Mario Jr., Education for Human Development: Understanding Montessori Montessori-Pierson Publishing CompanyBooks published by Indian Montessori Foundation (IMF) will be available for sale atCoral GroupsMobile: +91 9092910007Email: firstname.lastname@example.org