AMI Assistants Certificate Course (6-12 Age level)The AMI Assistants Certificate Course (6-12 Age Level) is an intensive full time programme designed to help interested adults understand the development of children of elementary age. The philosophy underpinning Montessori practice and some basic practical skills useful in interacting with children will open the way for adults to support the children at home and in school. The course would be of interest to teachers working in Montessori schools, to parents and to anyone working with children of this age. It would also be preparatory work for those considering the AMI 6-12 Diploma Course.
- Course Components
- Theory Lectures The theory lectures will offer the students the opportunity to examine Montessori's theory of child development in the elementary years, an overview of Montessori's vision of cosmic education, an interdisciplinary approach to the study of human beings, their endeavours and relationship with the universe. The role and attitude of the adult will also be discussed.ObservationDuring this time students will be required to observe a Montessori 6-12 environment and submit a report on their observations.AssignmentsStudents will need to submit written work at regular intervals during the course, which will include theory essays, material making assignments and observation reports. All assignments must be completed in order to receive the certificate.Email and Internet AccessStudents will need access to Email and internet as information will be sent to them regularly by email. Some assignments may need to be submitted electronically.
- We welcome candidates from all walks of life and different professions. This course is open to anyone wishing to know more about the Montessori philosophy.
- Admission Procedure
- Admissions are on a first come first served basis. The last date of admission is Friday, February 8, 2019.
Applications must be submitted with all enclosures. The Admissions Review Committee will process all complete applications. The decision of the committee will be final and binding.
- To be considered for admission you need to submit the following: • Application Form duly filled in and signed by the applicant• Fees• Refund Policy Acceptance letter (format will be sent by email on request)
- Admission Confirmation
- Selected candidates will receive a letter of confirmation and the receipt by email and courier along with a schedule for the first day.
- Students must have 90% attendance in order to receive the certificate. Students with attendance below 90% will not be eligible for an AMI certificate.
- Course Schedule and Timing
- The Course will commence on Wednesday, February 20, 2019. The schedule will be as follows: Week 1: Wednesday, February 20, 2019 to Saturday, February 23, 2019Week 2: Tuesday, February 26, 2019 to Friday, March 1, 2019Week 3: Tuesday, March 5, 2019 to Wednesday, March 6, 2019A schedule will be provided to the students at the start of the course.The course timings will be from 8:45 AM to 3:15 PM every day. Students will be asked to be extremely punctual. Latecomers will be marked absent for half the session.
- All the lectures will be in English. Course work will need to be presented in English.
- The AMI Assistants Certificate is awarded to those who complete all the requirements. In order to receive the AMI Assistants Certificate, the applicant should: Submit all the assignmentsComplete the required hours of observation and submit an Observation reportHave 90% attendance
- Indian Nationals may pay the fees by means of a crossed local cheque or Demand Draft in favour of Navadisha Montessori Foundation payable in Chennai. Foreign Nationals must pay the fees by Bank Draft/Cashier’s Cheque in US Dollars (Pound Sterling or Euros equivalent to US Dollars) in favour of Navadisha Montessori Foundation payable in Chennai. We regret we do not accept payments by Direct Bank Transfer.Refund PolicyThe fee is non-refundable. Once paid it cannot be refunded for any reason either prior to the commencement of or during the course on withdrawal of a student. Students will be required to submit a Refund Policy Acceptance letter at the time of payment of fee.
Tuition Fee 21000.00 420.00 Before course commences Special Fee 1260.00 25.00 Before course commences GST 4007.00 80.00 Before course commences Total 26267.00 525.00 Before course commences
- Director of Training: Rukmini Ramachandran Rukmini Ramachandran, leads the training team at the Navadisha Montessori Foundation. Rukmini holds an AMI Montessori Elementary diploma at the 6-12 age level and an AMI Montessori Assistants to Infancy Diploma at the 0-3 age level. She entered the field of Montessori education in 1991 when she received her AMI Primary Diploma at the 3-6 age level in Mumbai. She has a Masters in English. She came into Montessori education with a background in journalism, having started her career as Assistant Editor of a children's monthly. She edited the 1939 Montessori lectures in Chennai into a book titled Creative Development in the Child in two volumes. Her most particular interest lies in publishing for children. She currently serves as the Managing Trustee of the Indian Montessori Foundation.AMI Elementary Consultant: Ann DunneAnn Dunne, an AMI Trainer and educational consultant for the 6 - 12 age level is Director of Training in Dublin, Ireland and London, England. She travels extensively as an AMI Examiner and consultant around the world. She brings a wide range of experience to her work, mentoring and supporting training staff, students and schools. She had over 8 years teaching experience at the 6-12 level before joining the training team in Ireland. She worked closely with senior Montessori professionals in Ireland training many students. Ann brings her lively enthusiasm to her work in India where she has visited often as an examiner, consultant and speaker. She is currently a member of the Scientific Pedagogical Committee at AMI.
- Books and Stationery Budget
- It is advisable for students to acquire the Montessori books in the Required Reading list. The students will also have to acquire stationery for the course, for course submissions. Students using computers must budget additionally for printing cost. The cost will vary depending on the choices made. We would like to emphasise that this a budget and that it is only an approximate guide. The training course neither recommends nor endorses particular stationery products. Students are advised to budget for books and materials for the duration of the course as follows.
Montessori Books 1800.00 Before the course commences Stationery 500.00 For the duration of the course Materials 200.00 For the duration of the course Printing 500.00 For the duration of the course
- To prepare for the course and for working in a Montessori environment it is good practice to read around the subject. The following list of books is provided to help you begin this process. Some of these books will be made available in the student libraryRequired ReadingMontessori, Maria The Formation of Man Montessori-Pierson Publishing CompanyMontessori, Maria Education and Peace Montessori-Pierson Publishing CompanyMontessori, Maria The Advanced Montessori Method Vols. 1 & 2 Montessori-Pierson Publishing CompanyMontessori, Maria From Childhood to Adolescence Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria To Educate the Human Potential Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria The Child, Society and the World Montessori-Pierson Publishing CompanyMontessori, Maria The Absorbent Mind Indian Montessori FoundationRecommended ReadingMontessori, Maria Understanding the Human Being Neinhuis Montessori USABooks published by Indian Montessori Foundation (IMF) will be available for sale atCoral GroupsMobile: +91 9841689808Email: firstname.lastname@example.org