Montessori Orientation to 6-12 (Online Format)The Montessori Orientation to 6-12 Certificate Course is an intensive full time programme designed to help interested adults understand the development of children of elementary age. Due to the prevailing pandemic situation this course will be conducted online. The philosophy underpinning Montessori practice and some basic practical skills useful in interacting with children will open the way for adults to support the children at home and in school. The course would be of interest to teachers working in Montessori schools, to parents and to anyone working with children of this age. It would also be preparatory work for those considering the AMI 6-12 Diploma Course.
- Course Components
- Theory Lectures The theory lectures will offer the students the opportunity to examine Montessori's theory of child development in the elementary years, an overview of Montessori's vision of cosmic education, an interdisciplinary approach to the study of human beings, their endeavours and relationship with the universe. The role and attitude of the adult will also be discussed.ObservationStudents are required to do a minimum of 9 hours of observation. In the current situation a few hours will be organized online and a few will be assigned as homework. We will help each student organize these hours with flexibility in accordance to their situation. Based on their observation students are required to record and submit a report.AssignmentsStudents will need to submit written work at regular intervals during the course, which will include theory essays and observation reports. All assignments must be completed in order to receive the certificate.Email, Internet and ScanningFor the online classes students require a stable internet connection and regular access to email and the internet throughout the course. You will be sent a link to join class at the time of confirmation. It is recommended that students join class on a laptop, rather than a mobile. Attendance will be marked only if the video is switched on.
- We welcome candidates from all walks of life and different professions. This course is open to anyone wishing to know more about the Montessori philosophy.
- Admission Procedure
- xxx Admissions are on a first come first served basis. Applications must be submitted with all enclosures.xxxx
- Visit Courses Offered on our website. Click Apply Now. Sign up. Select the course you wish to apply for.
Fill in all required details to register and submit. A verification request will be sent by email. You will receive a user ID and password once your email has been verified. Sign in with your user ID and password and fill in the application form online. The application process must be completed within one month. As part of the online application procedure you will need to upload a photo.Candidates can track their application status by regularly signing into the portal to check for updates.
- Admission Confirmation
- Once the application is received the bank details will appear on the portal. Once the fees are paid the confirmation of receipt of payment and the first day’s schedule will appear on the portal. Candidates can log in to check the first day’s schedule. The candidate will receive an email with an e-receipt.
- Students must have a minimum of 90% attendance. Students without the minimum attendance will not be eligible for an AMI certificate.
- Course Schedule and Timing
- The Course will commence on Monday, March 8, 2021 and end on Friday, March 26, 2021. There will be no class on Saturday and Sundays.
A schedule will be provided to the students at the start of the course.The course timings will be from 01:30 PM to 4:30 PM every day. Students will be asked to be extremely punctual.
- Lectures will be in English. Coursework must be presented in English. It will be necessary for students to take lecture notes, read Montessori books, write original essays and prepare assignments based on course information.
- The AMI Montessori Orientation to 6-12 Certificate is awarded to those who complete all the requirements. In order to receive the Certificate, the applicant should: − Submit all the assignments− Complete the required hours of observation and submit an Observation report− Have 90% attendance
- The course fee must be paid by bank transfer. The bank details will appear on the portal.
Refund PolicyThe fee is non-refundable. Once paid it cannot be refunded for any reason either prior to the commencement of or during the course on withdrawal of a student. Students will be required to submit a Refund Policy Acceptance letter at the time of payment of fee.
Tuition Fee 21000.00 420.00 Before course commences Special Fee 1260.00 25.00 Before course commences GST 4007.00 80.00 Before course commences Total 26267.00 525.00 Before course commences
- Director of Training: Rukmini Ramachandran Rukmini Ramachandran, leads the training team at the Navadisha Montessori Foundation. Rukmini holds an AMI Montessori diploma at all the three age levels, 3-6, 6-12 and 0-3 years. She entered the field of Montessori education in 1991 when she trained under Zarin Malva in Mumbai. She has a Masters in English. She came into Montessori education with a background in journalism, having started her career as Assistant Editor of a children's monthly. She edited the 1939 Montessori lectures in Chennai into a book titled Creative Development in the Child in two volumes. Her most particular interest lies in publishing for children. She currently serves as the Managing Trustee of the Indian Montessori Foundation.AMI Elementary Consultant: Ann DunneAnn Dunne, an AMI Trainer and educational consultant for the 6-12 age level is Director of Training in Dublin, Ireland and London, England. She travels extensively as an AMI Examiner and consultant around the world. She brings a wide range of experience to her work, mentoring and supporting training staff, students and schools. She had over 8 years teaching experience at the 6-12 level before joining the training team in Ireland. She worked closely with senior Montessori professionals in Ireland training many students. Ann brings her lively enthusiasm to her work in India where she has visited often as an examiner, consultant and speaker. She is currently a member of the Scientific Pedagogical Committee at AMI.Trainer in Training: Prabha KarthikPrabha Karthik is currently on the AMI Training of Trainers Programme. She serves on the training team of the Elementary course at Navadisha. She holds an AMI Montessori Diploma at two levels. She completed the 6-12 course in 2008 and the 3-6 course in 2016. Prabha continues to work with elementary children at Navadisha Montessori School. She holds a Masters in Econometrics and Diploma in Special Education from V-Excel. She has been involved with a Gandhian organisation Shanti Ashram for over 13 years and is specially interested in Ethics education.Trainer in Training: Kamini KapurKamini Kapur is currently on the AMI Training of Trainers Programme and serves as part of the elementary training team. She gained her AMI Diploma at Elementary level in 2010 and has worked in Navadisha Montessori School in the elementary classroom since then. She is now pursuing the AMI diploma course at 3-6 age level. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce and Diploma in Elementary Education. She has worked with children for over 15 years in formal and non-formal settings. Her other interests include art and craft and waste management. She has helped implement solutions for sustainable living in many communities across the city.Guest Lecturer Virginia ViscovicVirginia Viscovic is an AMI Elementary Auxiliary Trainer, currently working with the Montessori Training Center of St. Louis for their inaugural Elementary course. She has a wide range of school experience across her more than twenty years in the classroom, including with corporate, private, and public school programs. She holds diplomas at both the AMI Primary (Ohio Montessori Training Institute/OMTI) and Elementary (Montessori Institute of Milwaukee/MIM) levels. Virginia is trained at Levels I and II of the Catechesis of the Good Shepherd. She is a Montessori coach and a Consultant at the Elementary level for AMI/USA. She has a BA in Anthropology and a MA in Education/Child and Family Studies from SUNY Stony Brook in New York. She has served as a National Examiner for AMI.
- Books and Stationery Budget
- It is advisable for students to acquire the Montessori books in the Required Reading list. The students will also have to acquire stationery for the course, for course submissions. All guidance will be given during the course.
- To prepare for the course and for working in a Montessori environment it is good practice to read around the subject. The following list of books is provided to help you begin this process. Some of these books will be made available in the student library.Required ReadingMontessori, Maria Citizen of the World Montessori-Pierson Publishing CompanyMontessori, Maria The Formation of Man Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria Education and Peace Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria The Advanced Montessori Method Vols. 1 & 2 Montessori-Pierson Publishing CompanyMontessori, Maria From Childhood to Adolescence Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria To Educate the Human Potential Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria The Child, Society and the World Montessori-Pierson Publishing CompanyMontessori, Maria The Absorbent Mind Indian Montessori FoundationRecommended ReadingMontessori, Mario Jr., Education for Human Development: Understanding Montessori Montessori-Pierson Publishing CompanyBooks published by Indian Montessori Foundation (IMF) will be available for sale at https://montessori-india.org/store/Coral GroupsIn case any further queries please contact the distributorMobile: +91 9841689808Email: email@example.com