AMI Assistants Course Programme (0-3 Age level)The AMI Assistants Certificate Course (0-3 Age Level) is an intensive full time programme designed to help interested adults to understand the development of children. The course will be delivered over 9 working days – including one Saturday. It opens the way for adults to assist the process of development both at home and in school.
- Course Components
- The programme introduces the philosophy underpinning Montessori practice and some basic practical skills useful in interacting with children. It will broadly touch on the nature of a child’s mind and the significance of routine and order in the first few years. The development of movement and language, and the importance of independence and its significance at varying levels will be extensively discussed. The programme will be of interest to teachers working in Montessori schools, to parents and expecting parents, and childcare professionals from other fields. It will also help interested adults who assist in a Montessori Nido or Infant Community gain a greater understanding of their role and responsibility with regard to development. ObservationStudents will need to find a baby between 12 and 18 months, for 9 hours of observation during the course, outside the hours of the programme. They will be required to record and submit a report their observations before the end of the course.AssignmentsStudents will be required to submit 3 written assignments on various topics presented at regular intervals during the programme. Assignments are required to be typed.Email and Internet AccessStudents will need access to email and internet as information will be sent to them regularly by email. Some assignments may need to be submitted electronically.
- We welcome candidates from all walks of life and different professions. This course is open to anyone wishing to know more about the Montessori philosophy.
- Admission Procedure
- Admissions are on a first come first served basis. Admissions will close on November 15, 2017. Applications must be submitted with all enclosures. The Admissions Review Committee will process all complete applications. The decision of the committee will be final and binding.
- To be considered for admission you need to submit the following: • Application Form duly filled in and signed by the applicant• Fees• Refund Policy Acceptance letter
- Admission Confirmation
- Selected candidates will receive a letter of confirmation and the receipt by email and courier along with a schedule for the first day.
- Students must have 90% attendance in order to receive the certificate. Students with attendance below 90% will not be eligible for an AMI certificate.
- Course Schedule and Timing
- The Course will commence on Monday, November 27, 2017 and end on Wednesday, December 6, 2017. The course timings will be from 8:45 AM to 3:15 PM every day. Students will be asked to be extremely punctual. Latecomers will be marked absent for half the session.
- All the lectures will be in English. The assignments are required to be in English.
- The 0-3 Assistants Course Certificate is awarded to those who complete all the requirements. In order to receive the 0-3 Assistant Course Certificate, the applicant should:
• Submit all the written assignments• Complete the required hours of observation and submit an Observation report• Have a minimum of 90% attendance
- Indian Nationals may pay the fees by means of a crossed local cheque or Demand Draft in favour of Navadisha Montessori Foundation payable in Chennai. Foreign Nationals must pay the fees by Bank Draft/Cashier’s Cheque in US Dollars (Pound Sterling or Euros equivalent to US Dollars) in favour of Navadisha Montessori Foundation payable in Chennai. We regret we do not accept payments by Direct Bank Transfer. Refund PolicyThe fee is non-refundable. Once paid it cannot be refunded for any reason either prior to the commencement of or during the course on withdrawal of a student. Students will be required to submit a Refund Policy Acceptance letter at the time of payment of fee.
Tuition Fee 21000.00 450.00 Before course commences Special Fee 1260.00 27.00 Before course commences GST 4007.00 86.00 Before course commences Total 26267.00 563.00 Before course commences
- Director of Training: Rukmini Ramachandran Rukmini Ramachandran, leads the training team at the Navadisha Montessori Foundation. Rukmini entered the field of Montessori education in 1991 when she received her AMI Primary Diploma at the 3-6 age level in Mumbai. She also holds a diploma at the 6-12 age level. She has a Masters in English. She came into Montessori education with a background in journalism, having started her career as Assistant Editor of a children's monthly. She edited the 1939 Montessori lectures in Chennai into a book titled Creative Development in the Child in two volumes. Her most particular interest lies in publishing for children.AMI 0-3 Consultant and Trainer: Julia HilsonJulia Hilson is an AMI Consultant and Trainer at the 0-3 age level. She has worked in Montessori education for over 30 years and holds AMI Diplomas for all levels of training - 0-3 (Australia), 3-6 (London) and 6-12 (Italy). She also holds a Masters in Education. Julia has established independent schools and childcare centres and run classes in the UK and Australia. She was asked by Montessori Children’s Foundation to establish the first Montessori 3-6 Class for Tagai State College in the Torres Straits in Northern Australia in 2009, an initiative that has since grown tremendously in scope. Julia now works in Australia, South Africa and other parts of the world bringing her expertise to families and teaching communities.
- Books and Stationery Budget
- It is advisable for students to acquire the Montessori books in the Required Reading list. The students will also have to acquire stationery for the course, for course submissions. Students using computers must budget additionally for printing cost. The cost will vary depending on the choices made. We would like to emphasise that this a budget and that it is only an approximate guide. The training course neither recommends nor endorses particular stationery products. Students are advised to budget for books and materials for the duration of the course as follows.
Montessori Books 2000.00 Before the course commences Stationery 500.00 For the duration of the course Materials 200.00 For the duration of the course Printing 500.00 For the duration of the course
- To prepare for the course and for working in a Montessori environment it is good practice to read around the subject. The following list of books is provided to help you begin this process. Some of these books will be made available in the student library.Required ReadingMontessori, Maria Education for New World Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria The Child in the Family Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria The Absorbent Mind Indian Montessori FoundationRecommended ReadingMontessori, Maria Understanding the Human Being Neinhuis Montessori USABooks published by Indian Montessori Foundation (IMF) will be available for sale atCoral GroupsMobile: +91 9841689808Email: firstname.lastname@example.org