Montessori Orientation to 3-6 (Online Format)The Montessori Orientation to 3-6 course is an intensive full time programme designed to help interested adults to understand the development of children. It opens the way for adults to assist the child’s development both at home and in school. The programme introduces the philosophy underpinning Montessori practice and some basic practical skills useful in interacting with children. The course would also be of interest to teachers working in Montessori schools, to parents and expecting parents, and childcare professionals from other fields. It would also be preparatory work for those considering the AMI 3-6 Diploma Course. The course work will consist of lectures, readings and discussion
- Course Components
- Theory Lectures
The theory lectures will offer the students the opportunity to examine the development of the child and the successive phases of child development. Special consideration is given to language, movement and independence leading to all-round development. The carefully prepared environment and the role and attitude of the adult will also be studied..ObservationStudents are required to do a minimum of 9 hours of observation. In the current situation a few hours will be organized online and a few will be assigned as homework. We will help each student organize these hours with flexibility in accordance to their situation. Based on their observation students are required to record and submit a report.AssignmentsStudents will need to submit written work at regular intervals during the course. These include theory essays, material making assignments and observation reports. All assignments will need to be submitted electronically. Students will be required to scan and upload some of their work. All assignments must be completed in order to receive the certificate.Email, Internet and ScanningFor the online classes students require a stable internet connection and regular access to email and the internet throughout the course. You will be sent a link to join class at the time of confirmation. It is recommended that students join class on a laptop, rather than a mobile. Attendance will be marked only if the video is switched on.
- We welcome candidates from all walks of life and different professions. This course is open to anyone wishing to know more about the Montessori philosophy.
- Admission Procedure
- Admissions are on a first come first served basis. Applications must be submitted with all enclosures.
- Visit Courses Offered on our website. Click Apply Now. Sign up. Select the course you wish to apply for.
Fill in all required details to register and submit. A verification request will be sent by email. You will receive a user ID and password once your email has been verified. Sign in with your user ID and password and fill in the application form online. The application process must be completed within one month. As part of the online application procedure you will need to upload a photo. Candidates can track their application status by regularly signing into the portal to check for updates.
- Admission Confirmation
- Once the application is received the bank details will appear on the portal. Once the fees are paid the confirmation of receipt of payment and the first day’s schedule will appear on the portal. Candidates can log in to check the first day’s schedule. The candidate will receive an email with an e-receipt.
- Students must have a minimum of 90% attendance. Students without the minimum attendance will not be eligible for an AMI certificate.
- Course Schedule and Timing
- The Course will commence on Monday, June 28, 2021 and end on Friday, July 16, 2021. There will be no class on Saturday and Sundays. A schedule will be provided to the students at the start of the course.The course timings will be from 9:00 AM to 12:00 noon every day. Students will be asked to be extremely punctual.
- Lectures will be in English. Coursework must be presented in English. It will be necessary for students to take lecture notes, read Montessori books, write original essays and prepare assignments based on course information.
- The AMI Montessori Orientation to 3-6 Certificate is awarded to those who complete all the requirements. In order to receive the Certificate, the applicant should: − Submit all the assignments− Complete the required hours of observation and submit an Observation report− Have 90% attendance
- The course fee must be paid by bank transfer. The bank details will appear on the portal. Refund PolicyThe fee is non-refundable. Once paid it cannot be refunded for any reason either prior to the commencement of or during the course on withdrawal of a student. The details are included in the terms and conditions on the portal which the candidate must accept at the time of submission of the application.
The fee for the course is as follows:
Tuition Fee 15000.00 400.00 Before course commences Special Fee 900.00 24.00 Before course commences GST 2862.00 76.00 Before course commences Total 18762.00 500.00 Before course commences
- Director of Training: Rukmini Ramachandran Rukmini Ramachandran, leads the training team at the Navadisha Montessori Foundation. Rukmini holds an AMI Montessori diploma at all the three age levels, 3-6, 6-12 and 0-3 years. She entered the field of Montessori education in 1991 when she trained under Zarin Malva in Mumbai. She has a Masters in English. She came into Montessori education with a background in journalism, having started her career as Assistant Editor of a children's monthly. She edited the 1939 Montessori lectures in Chennai into a book titled Creative Development in the Child in two volumes. Her most particular interest lies in publishing for children. She currently serves as the Managing Trustee of the Indian Montessori Foundation.Co-director: Hemalatha RangarajanHemalatha Rangarajan, an AMI trainer, is a key member of the training team. She holds an AMI Montessori diploma at two age levels. She trained at the 3-6 level under Zarin Malva in Chennai in 1995 and then trained under Ann Dunne to receive her 6-12 diploma in 2017. She worked with children for ten years in Patasala Montessori School, where she eventually served as Vice Principal. Hemalatha holds a Masters in Psychology. She is interested in helping teachers and has been involved in mentoring schools. She is committed to widening the scope of Montessori education through research.AMI Trainer: Ramya SridharRamya Sridhar is an AMI trainer at Navadisha. An alumna of the first course of our institute Ramya now holds an AMI diploma for two age levels. She received the AMI 3-6 diploma in 2005 and the AMI 6-12 diploma in 2017. She has assisted on the courses at Navadisha since 2012. She has served as an examiner and presented talks and workshops. Ramya entered Montessori work as a teacher at Navadisha Montessori School where she began her work in this field. She holds a Masters in Psychology. She takes an interest in the work of several NGOS that serve a range of socio-economic, health and educational schemes. She is also interested in reaching Montessori principles to a wider public.AMI Consultant: Ruby LauRuby Lau is an AMI Trainer and educational consultant. Educated from an early age in the UK, Ruby has a degree in Psychology and worked in advertising before taking the AMI 3 - 6 Diploma in London. After gaining her diploma in London in 1985, she worked both in the MMTO school and the training course. She opened her own school in 1990 which she ran for 15 years whilst continuing to work on the training courses. Ruby now holds AMI diplomas at the 0-3, 3-6 and 6-12 age levels. She brings her multi-layered experience to mentor and support training staff and students of AMI training institutes and teachers and schools in many parts of South Asia. Ruby served as a member of the Scientific Pedagogy Group at AMI.
- Books and Stationery Budget
- It is advisable for students to acquire the Montessori books in the Required Reading list. The students will also have to acquire stationery for the course, for course submissions. All guidance will be given during the course.
- To prepare for the course and for working in a Montessori environment it is good practice to read around the subject. The following list of books is provided to help you begin this process. Some of these books will be made available in the student library. Required ReadingMontessori, Maria Citizen of the World Montessori-Pierson Publishing CompanyMontessori, Maria Education for New World Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria The Child in the Family Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria The Absorbent Mind Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria The Secret of Childhood Orient Black SwanMontessori, Maria From Childhood to Adolescence Indian Montessori FoundationRecommended ReadingMontessori, Maria What You Should Know About Your Child Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria Education and Peace Indian Montessori FoundationMontessori, Maria The Age of Miracles Indian Montessori FoundationBooks published by Indian Montessori Foundation (IMF) will be available for sale at https://montessori-india.org/store/In case any further queries please contact the distributorCoral GroupsMobile: +91 9841689808Email: firstname.lastname@example.org